Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Music Monday

Hello world. So it's not Monday in Korea anymore, but it is in America, so this post is still legit. Booya.

A friend from South Africa (shout out to Chris-Fick) sent me this song and I have no idea what it is about, or what they are saying but I love it, and I've totally had at least half a dozen one woman dance parties to this song. 

After extensive Google research I still know nothing about who sings this song. I do know that Jax Panik, an electro-pop group from South Africa provided the background track, but I am still mystified by the mystery that is "Who is Will Mono?" His Facebook page provides squat, I still don't understand Twitter or Afrikaans so his tweets are useless, and his website and Wikipedia page are non-existent. What I do know is that I am infatuated with this "Will Mono."

Why do I love him? Let me count the ways...
  • He has an Afro
  • He dances for old people
  • He has one man dance parties (Combine his one man dance party with my one woman dance party and what do you get? A dance party.)
  • He makes mixes on cassettes
  • He wears sequins (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Swoon.
  • He owns a denim vest
  • He has Batman briefs


I hope you all enjoy this song as much as I do. As James Brown would say "get up offa that thing and dance til you feel better!" Or just get up offa your booty, put on your batman briefs, or your sequined jumpsuit, and have your own dance party.

No comments:

Post a Comment