Monday, May 21, 2012

Ambush at Yoga

So I started doing yoga again and woah man, the other day I totally got ambushed. I went in a little early and sat down in the back, minding my own business. Next thing I know, one of the yoga instructors is pulling my arms, and another woman (one of my student's mom) is pushing down on my legs. Then the yoga teacher starts punching my arms maybe to loosen up my muscles, I don't really know, but it really hurt. I was sure I was going to have bruises on my arms the next day.

Today, the other yoga teacher laughed at me because she said I looked funny while stretching. I was checking myself out  in the mirror after she said that, and I do look incredibly awkward. I'm at least a head taller than anyone else in the class and my long limbs look like jellyfish tentacles compared to everyone else.

I'm going to be more flexible than this cat someday
Even though I have no idea what is happening in yoga and I can't understand a lick of what anyone is saying to me, there is something so peaceful about it. I'm in complete solitude being the only foreigner in the class and there's something so relaxing about hearing people talking and not having a clue of what they're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment