Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday

Mmmm The xx. Sexy and whispery and minimal (in a good way). 

The xx is releasing a new album "Coexist" on September 11, their first since their self-titled debut album in 2009. Their first album was amazing. Delicious. Decadent. Lovely. The combination of the voices of Oliver Sim and Romy Madley Croft, (I had to wiki their names, don't judge me), is hauntingly beautiful. It sends goosebumps up and down my spine. Seeing them live would be a dream come true.

Here's the studio version of Angels (just released last week! I recommend watching in full screen, HD):

Their first single from their upcoming album, Angels is available for purchase now. I think that The xx will keep with their sexy sound which is so uniquely theirs. And from listening to bootleg concert videos, I have a sense their new album will be just as sultry as the first. Mmmmmmmm, yes.

I'm not sure what this song is called, but YouTube comments suggest Leave:




No comments:

Post a Comment