Monday, September 17, 2012

Music Monday

This band probably has one of the coolest names of any artist/band I have reviewed in the history of my Music Monday. KAKKMADDAFAKKA. Say that ten times fast.


Kakkmaddafakka is a seven piece indie rock band hailing from Bergen, Norway. Their music is a beautiful blend of indie-rock-pop and even a touch of reggae. I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to illegally download a free copy of their most recent album Hest, so this is based of a couple of songs that I sampled. I mean, what?! I would never try to illegally download music...

All the songs make me feel happy on the inside, and I usually start a one woman dance party while listening to them without even noticing. Their songs are catchy and melodic, and the lyrics are simple and comical (and in English!) The lead singer, Alex Bindenes, sings a lot about young girls, touching girls, other guys' girls, sandwiching on the dance floor with girls, and being an "original G". Kakkmaddafakka obviously has no intention of being taken seriously, which I think makes them awesome. I think they're great and I think they definitely have the potential to be bigger and better. I couldn't pick a favorite song, but I will leave you with their "Gangsta" music video, which made me literally LOL.


I lied. I can't pick just one. Here's "Your Girl", the very first song I heard by Kakkmaddafakka that really caught my ears. (This is basically a video of the band members making out with girls, so this might be NSFW.)


If you ever have the opportunity to see them live, do it. I haven't yet, but I heard they have backup singers (who are men) and who sometimes dress in matching costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment