Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas in Korea in a Convenience Store

This was my first year away from Minnesota and away from my family over Christmas. It was really hard and I hope to never have to do it again, however, I had a truly amazing Christmas in Korea. Met some really cool people, made amazing memories, and well, it was Christmas, so of course it was great. Here is my tale of my awesome Christmas in Korea:

A big group of us foreign teachers rented out a pension at the Sungwoo Ski Resort, so my friend Connor and I took the bus together to Wonju, and from there, we planned on taking the shuttle to the resort. Well when we got to the stop where the shuttle would pick us up (a random convenience store) we found out we just missed it and had to wait 2 another hours until the next one. Lucky for us, the convenience store had a table and chairs inside so we can sit, and they sold whiskey, and I brought cards. The merriment began.


When we finally made it to the resort, most of the crew from Inje hung around the pension and drank while the rest skied and snowboarded in Santa Claus and gingerbread man costumes. The night continued into the wee hours of the morning (about 6am) with many drinking games and a lot of karaoke. A lot. Here is a photo montage to summarize the Christmas festivities...

Yay! Whiskey and war in a Korean convenience store on Christmas!
Oh no! I lost to Arazue in a triple war!
Christmas card games
Christmas karaoke time
This looks like a good song
This is when things got serious... Mr. Onesie is getting his hands up
The next morning we had a Christmas FEAST! There was so much food I wish I took pictures of it all... but here's what I have...
Jude making delicious homemade apple pies
The leftovers
Someone slipped into a food coma...
Merry Christmas from Mr. Ashley Jacobs himself!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of christmas... you should listen to this sometime - this american life episode # 47 christmas and commerce


    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/47/christmas-and-commerce

    ReplyDelete