Monday, March 5, 2012

Music Monday

The Black Keys newest album, El Camino was one of the many albums on repeat during my trip, and my gawd, it is quite good. I thought their Brothers album was good, and this is good another level. 'Lonely Boy' is one of my favorite songs off the album, and this video is simply fantastic. The man in the video obviously stole all my best dance moves.


I love bands with two people. I am always amazed with the amount of noise and sound that two people can make. I also love Dan Auerbach's voice, sexy and soulful. I've been lucky enough to see the Black Keys twice. However, I thought that they almost lost their appeal in large settings. The first time I saw them was at Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2010. They were at one of the smaller stages, and although the night wasn't very clear at this point, I do remember enjoying myself. I saw them again at Bonnaroo in 2011, this time they were one of the headliners on the main stage and I got bored. Don't get me wrong, the music was great and it was a solid show but I found myself waiting for their show to be over so that next performer could start. I think as performers, the Black Keys are much better in smaller scale shows. My favorite moments of the set were when the cameras zoomed in on Patrick Carney's facial expressions when he was drumming away, man he was really into it, and amazing of course. You could also see the pools of sweat forming on his shirt.

Look at all that sweat! Oh that Tennessee heat.

Anyways, I don't know why this turned into a review of the Black Keys performance. But everyone should watch the above video, shake your bonbon a little, and legally purchase El Camino.

No comments:

Post a Comment