Thursday, March 29, 2012

Goodbyes, Episode 2

I said it before, and I'm saying it again. I hate goodbyes.

Recently, we've had three fellow expats leave Inje in the past month due to finished contracts, and the very first Korean friend I made has left to go study in Hungary for five years. Depression slowly seeping in.

Hah, jokes. But seriously, it's the sad circle of life for teachers in a foreign country. On the bright side, at least you get to meet really cool new people who are the replacements! And, as you meet fellow teachers from all over the world, not only can you count them as friends, but also as couches to sleep on during future travels.

In a slightly related note, my 6 month mark is today...

2 comments:

  1. WWHHATT!!! Six months already? Has Erica been asking if you'll stay another year? Whaddya say; should I come back one more year and we can teach in Chuncheon? AND, who is the Korean friend studying in Hungary???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, I KNOW! Time is flying so fast it's scary! Erica offered me a renewal back in January! I'm going to wait til 8 months or so to make a final decision though. Remember Ken? He left for Hungary the day after Ashley. Crazy, huh? Almost everyone that was here when I first arrived has left...

    ReplyDelete