Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbyes

I hate saying goodbyes. No matter who it may be directed to, even if its just a short good bye, I do not like them.

I've been here for exactly three months now and in those three months all three teachers I have started with have left. I'm starting to realize that teaching here is an odd cycle of Hellos and Goodbyes. As contracts end, people either move back home or move to another city to teach. You have to say goodbye to those who become your close friends and family here, and those who may never see again. At the same time you also say hello to new people who you will become close with... until your time comes. Weird.


This is my sentimental thought of the day.

On a happier note, it's Friday! Last day before break! I'm going to Seoul tomorrow for New Year's Eve! The next morning I am flying into Bangkok to begin my Thailand/Laos vacation for 2 weeks! WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment