Monday, December 5, 2011

2 teachers + 250 students = no class!

Desk Warming. Quite possibly one of the most underrated things ever.

In the Korean public schools, there's a term called "desk warming". It's when the teachers still have to come in during Winter or Summer break even though there are no students. This is a norm for public schools, but luckily my hagwon gets a full week of desk warming due to our lack of staff.

Since Johnlyn just left, and her replacement doesn't come until the end of the week, and it is just me and my co-teacher Fathima, our director decided to simply cancel all classes for the week. It is amazing! Two hours in, and I have already finished all my work for the day, what to do, what to do.

Any suggestions on what do to with all my free time at school?

If you're ever desk warming, here's a post with some ideas to help you pass the time: The Joys of Desk Warming in Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment