Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An American Thanksgiving in Korea

This was my first Thanksgiving away from home and away from my family, so I was a little concerned that I would be really sad and slip into a mild depression and then eat a lot of chocolate to make myself feel better. However, there was a lovely "American Thanksgiving" feast planned in a neighboring town, Wontong.

Digging in to the delicious food
There was a lot of fun, a lot of food, and a lot of togetherness that was shared. It was wonderful. The only think that was missing was the turkey.

Gathering around the feast
There was mashed potatoes, a vegetable stew, some chicken, pork, a South African desert, bread, and many other things that everybody brought.

Sam (the wonderful host), Ashley, Fathima, and Josh
The boys being "cute"
My first Thanksgiving abroad was a success; the turkey wasn't missed as much as I thought it would be, I was surrounded by good company, and I later slipped into an amazing food coma, but I did miss my momma's mashed potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment