Monday, December 19, 2011

Snow in Inje

It snowed! My first beautiful snow in Inje. It was beautiful and wonderful and amazing and now it's all melted and gone. Cross your fingers it snows again for Christmas. Otherwise my first Christmas abroad will turn into my first Christmas without snow which will make me sad.

Shameless self portrait
The day it snowed was also the day the Inje English Village staff went to Chuncheon to pick up the new English teacher. I would like to start my story by saying this: Koreans are scary drivers. Yes, that is stereotyping, but I have first hand experience driving inside many cars with Koreans and it is terrifying. Even outside of the car, on the street, I am scared. Well in the snow, Korean drivers are even scarier.

On the way back to Inje, we were in a left lane behind a police car and there was an ambulance in the right lane. Next thing I see is the ambulance swerving right in front of us, into our lane, then swerving the other way and crashing into side-rail. It was absolutely terrifying. Five minutes later we saw two cars on the side of the road. I don't think they got any assistance as soon as they hoped.

Tony and "downtown" Inje. We are probably 2 of the few people who were excited for the snow
Artsy Fartsy with my smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment