Thursday, December 1, 2011

English Names

Since our school is an English Village, our director wants the students to have English names too. Sometimes we let them name themselves, or the other kids name them. I've tried to name them after my friends or people I know, but they don't seem to like and of my friends' names.

Some common names are Lily, Ben, James, Abby, Daisy. I've noticed the girls liked names with two syllables that end in an "ee" sound. Some less common names are Pink, Spike, and Liam. Yesterday I named a new student "Jerry", the other students chose and voted for that one. I don't think he had a clue to what was going on.

My absolute favorite names are Dinoking and Lurker. I think it's safe to assume a teacher did not name those two. There's also a kid whose name is Ben, but he insists on being called 'Ben UFO' and will always add the 'UFO' to his name tag even if I ignore him.

No comments:

Post a Comment