Monday, April 8, 2013

My Life in SEOUL

HELLO WORLD!

Some of you may know those, some of you might not, but I'm back in Korea, but this time I'm out of the boonies and in the big bad city of SEOUL! I didn't get my visa or my actual ticket until less than 48 hours before I took off so I truly apologize to those who didn't get to hear it from me in person.
 I'll try to quickly summarize my last month here. So far, I love it here. I live in an awesome location with few (I've only seen 2 others) foreigners in the neighborhood, and it's full of noraebangs and Korean restaurants I have yet to check out. I really like my school too. I work at a kindergarten hagwon (private school) with a bunch of Burberry wearing cuties, and in the afternoon I teach elementary kids. My apartment is twice the size of my last, which isn't saying much, but I love it.

I've been able to back to my roots, the wonderful town of Inje which was absolutely amazing to see some of my best friends and family. My friend Connor and I surprised the crew down there and it was an epic night. I also had my first sauna experience in Inje. A sauna in Korea is what it sounds like, a sauna with hot and cold pools, showers, and an old woman who will scrub your body down for a fee. Growing up in western culture, nudity was not a very common thing, but nooo not in Korea. After a short panic attack and a lot of talking to myself I stripped down and hustled in quickly and was greeting by two naked woman and a baby. I also ran into the woman who worked at the local Paris Baguette who told me about the tasty mineral water in the sauna.

This weekend I'm going on a biking tour in another province to check out the cherry blossoms so I'm stoked about that. I can't believe a month has already gone by... city life goes by so much faster! I'm working on a new blog since I can't post anymore pictures, but I'll try to update this in the meantime (and make it more exciting!)

However, I do have a new collaboration blog with my dear friend Connor. It's a music blog, something we are passionate about, and something I've been wanting to do for a very long time. So if you're interested in hearing new music check it out! Here it is! http://noiselikefallingoffporches.tumblr.com/

Sorry for the boring update, talk to you soon! BIBIMBAPPIN AROUND TOWN IS BACK.


1 comment:

  1. For people like us who are not used to seeing nude people on a public bath, the experience in a Korean sauna can be shocking at first. I remember myself facing a bunch of people in the heated room, but I think they didn’t mind at all; they’re busy minding their own business. And then I realized that if you really want to have a great sauna experience, you have to think that you’re staying in that heated room all alone. Anyway, I enjoyed that bath and I hope you did too. :)

    ReplyDelete