Friday, April 12, 2013

Plastic Surgery in Korea

My first weekend in Korea was interesting... I went under the knife. Well, not really. I got laser hair removal surgery, which was weird. My coteacher and I were talking about it and she called a place so we decided to check it out. Our curiosity got the best of us when we realized we had actually set up an appointment for a consultation and the procedure. No one really spoke English, but the place looked really fancy and the price was great! For 5 sessions of underarm hair removal it cost us a whopping 30,000 won (a little less than $30). What a steal! I heard people paying $80 per session, and you need minimum 5 to 6 sessions for it to actually make any lasting effect.

So yeah... that's what I did my first weekend in Seoul. I'm sorry for this awkward, rushed post. It's a Friday night and I'm in a hurry. But I highly recommend this article about Korea and it's idea of beauty. It's super interesting and sad. Read it HERE. After reading this article I walk around noticing the high amount of women and men who have had plastic surgery. The eye widening is definitely the most popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment