Wednesday, November 23, 2011

11-11-11

Every November 11th in Korea, it is Pepero Day. This year, the date being 11-11-11, it was the ultimate Pepero Day.
Clara loooooves Pepero Day
From what I understand, Pepero Day was invented by the company who makes them because the date 11-11 looks like pepero sticks. Here's a short background on the joyous day: Pepero Day according to Wikipedia

One of my students actually knew how to spell my name correctly
Pepero Day felt a bit like Valentine's Day; the kids give each other pepero, and even I got a lot of pepero, enough to last a long time. The peperos were the first gifts I got from my students.


Peperos with nuts
Since the special day was also cooking day at our school, we cooked peperos all day. The kids also brought pepero from home and from their public school, so the kids were definitely hyped up on sugar. Seven kids cried that day.

Peperos with dried strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment