Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween in Sokcho

For Halloween, some of us from Inje county went to Sokcho, a city on the coast, about an hour away from Inje.

Cheese!
Where's Arazue?
The 3rd annual "Holloween Party" was held at Min's, a Westernized bar that actually had liquor besides Soju. There was vodka, rum, whiskey, and tequila galore! I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I thought there would be mainly foreigners, but there was a good mix of Koreans and foreigners. There was even a Korean DJ who played an eclectic mix of k-pop, dubstep, American Top 40 hits, electronic, and Guns N' Roses. I went as Waldo, a costume I put together thanks to the street market about an hour before we left.

Axl Rose showed up
There was lots of dancing, strobe lights, beer, shots, and awesome costumes. My favorite was Connor, who was the prettiest Korean school girl at the bar. He played the whole Korean girl thing the whole night and even danced his way around the bar like a Korean girl. It was amazing. This night was a lot of fun and before we knew it, it was 4 AM, so we left, but there were still a ton of people in the bar. I don't think most places in Korea have a closing time, they usually stay open if there are still a lot of people, so I have no idea how early people stayed out, but I can imagine it was super early.

Connor hustling for drinks at the bar
In the morning, I found myself in a motel room with 4 boys and it reeked of farts and boy funk. It was an interesting morning to say the least, expecially with Connor walking around still in his costume as a girl. We saw a group of Korean Army dudes who were definitely checking him out. I think they thought he was hot, until they saw his leg hair poking through his tights.

Walk of shame
Things I learned from my Halloween weekend in Sokcho:
  1. Koreans love to rave.
  2. Koreans love to dance.
  3. Tequila is not my friend.
  4. Dressing up in costumes is always fun. 
  5. Halloween is fun in any country.
Happy Halloween from Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment