Monday, November 28, 2011

Confessions of a Girl in Korea, Episode 1

So I have a confession. A big one. So prepare yourselves people. When I first got here, I did not like it. I  Inje. I didn't like teaching. I hated kids. I didn't like my small town life. I didn't like the fact that there is no English anywhere. I hated everything. I missed home and my family and friends. I even missed my old serving job (GASP).

However, this past month, I finally realized how much I truely enjoy my life here. I've finally developed my own style and technique of teaching and I get so much joy when a kid answers something correctly. I still don't really like children but I've accepted that fact a long time ago. Inje is really small, but I've been to bigger cities over the weekend and it's nice to come back and relax in my sleepy town. I am rarely homesick, because now Korea is my home; there are great people who have become my friends, my apartment is super small yet cozy and homey, and my boss has been like a mother to me here.

Sorry for the sap, but this concludes my first confessional blog.

Here's some K Pop to lighten the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment