Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flooding in Duluth

For whoever reads my blog, I just want to bring attention to the recent floods in Duluth, Minnesota. I went to school at the University of Minnesota - Duluth and spent five glorious years in an equally glorious city, and it hurts my heart to see the beautiful city on the lake completely destroyed.

7th Ave East, just blocks away from one of my old houses
An intersection right next to campus
Downtown Duluth
Miller Hill Mall, I worked just down the main street
Only in Minnesota
Zoo Escapee
Luckily, no one died and no one has been seriously injured. However, the damage is devastating. Water can't be used to drinking or cooking for quite some time, people have been evacuated, homes have been destroyed, and 14 highways have been closed.

The only deaths that have occurred are from the Duluth Zoo. A seal and polar bear escaped, but have been rescued, almost all the farm animals have died, and the turkey vulture and raven exhibit still hasn't been checked out because of the flood water.

I love you Duluth, I hope you dry up soon!

Thanks to Minnesota Public Radio95 KQDS Radio, and Facebook users for letting me steal your pictures.

1 comment: