Friday, June 29, 2012

Things I Miss

I guess it's about time I've made a list of things I miss. I love Korea, but after being here for about 8 (or 9) months there are certain things that I have been deprived of and I would like to take the time to mention these special things.
  • My mom's cooking (pancit, chicken adobo, everything)
  • My dad's cooking (kebab, he makes the best in the world)
  • Beer that is not Korean. (shout-out to Summit IPA or Pabst Blue Ribbon or Nordeast)
  • Thrift stores (shout-out to Rewind and M.S.) 
  • Real cheese (that I don't have to go an hour away to get)
  • Sitting at a bar. (No, not in a bar. At a bar, chatting it up with the bartender. Western style bars don't really exist in Inje.)
  • Fireplaces
  • Twins games. Oh my gawd I miss going to Twins games so much.
  • Jucy Lucys
  • Yelping (shout-out to Annie D.)
  • Shopping at Target and going in for chapstick and milk, then spending $80 and forgetting my chapstick and milk
  • Bar Bingo at Grumpy's after work (shout-out to any OG people reading this)
  • A big bed (I'm not used to sleeping in a twin bed, and sometimes I roll into the wall, ouch)
  • Golfing. Not screen golf, real golfing with real grass and real tees and on a real course.
  • Pizza Luce - Bloody Mary Bar days (Yes, days. Not mornings. Shout-out to CP and BL)
  • Block parties/street festivals
These are things that I didn't really love at home, but now have strange cravings for because I have no access to them:
  • Ranch
  • Mozzarella sticks
Turns, out I miss a lot of things from home. This isn't meant to be a sad, depressing post, like "waa waa I miss home, cuddle with me and pity me." No. This is merely a list of things that I appreciate so much more now that I can't have them. 

A bit of Korea and Minnesota in one image. Perfect.

I still love you Korea, and my list of things I miss from Korea will be much longer than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment