Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arrival in South Korea

After a long, sleepless, wine filled, 14 hour flight from Chicago to Seoul, I finally arrived on September 29, 2011. At the Incheon airport, I was met by Mr. Kang who brought me to the bus stop, where I then took a two and a half hour bus ride to Chuncheon.

At the bus stop in Chuncheon, I was greeted by Andrew (a guy who graduated from UMD a year before me) and Erica (my school's director). Erica dropped Andrew and I off at VIPS, her favorite steakhouse, while she visited her son Carlos (all Korean students are given American names). After eating, Erica drove us to Inje (my future home) which was an hour car ride from Chuncheon.

I was finally able to fall asleep in the car ride, then was dropped off at my apartment. My new home is a studio-like apartment, it's small, but homey. I have a washing machine, refrigerator, stove, bed, and a small bathroom. The only thing I really need to adjust to is the shower. My shower is pretty much a drain in front of the sink and toilet in my bathroom. Overall, I love my apartment and can't wait to make it homier.

View from my bathroom window

Special shout out to Momma and Poppa Foroozan, and Afsheen and Annie: your Kindle gift has saved me from boredom in so many ways you don't even know. I would have pulled my hair out a long time ago if it wasn't for that Kindle and the infinite books Afsheen put on it. Another special shout out to Meredith for all the new music you gave me. Even though my dingy old ipod died within one hour of use, it was my favorite hour of the fourteen on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment