Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rugby Sunday

Most of you probably don't know this or just don't care, but the Rugby World Cup is happening right now (in New Zealand), and last Sunday, South Africa played Australia, and New Zealand played Argentina. So of course with South Africans, an Australian, and a Kiwi in the area, Rugby Sunday had to happen.

We went over to the EPIK apartment (where all teachers from the EPIK program live) and they had a pretty sweet set up. They brought out furniture and a television from an empty room to the side of the apartment building where a grill was, so it was like we had an outdoor living room with a grill.



Australia won the match against South African, so we had two very crabby South Africans who went to their rooms to cry between games, but they switched over to the All Blacks side for the next game. In the second game, my beloved All Blacks beat Argentina (whoop whoop) so we will see how they do next weekend in the semi-finals.

After barbecuing, we somehow ended up burning Dallas's old clothes (Dallas was a teacher from Tennessee who left the day after I got to Inje). I blame Jasmine and Adrian for their weird, creepy obsession with fire.

Jasmine, Adrian, Bronnie, and Andrew
Burning clothes and fire dancing
I'm scared to see what we'll burn next Rugby Sunday. On a side note, for those that don't know, I studied abroad in New Zealand, that's why anything related to New Zealand is near and dear to my heart. I also might have a slight obsession with anything NZ. Blame the country, it's not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment