Monday, October 24, 2011

Dr. Kevin's Birthday

Wednesday was Kevin's birthday so all us foreign teachers and some of Kevin's Korean friends all met up at Black and White to celebrate his big day.

Happy Birthday Kevin!
There was lots of cake, a kimchi pizza, lots of beer, and of course my nemesis cojinganmek (the soju-beer bomb) showed up.

Look how much fun everyone's having
Kevin blowing out candles to his second cake
A little background on Doctor Kevin. Kevin is a Korean who has been friends with a lot of the foreign teachers in Inje and surrounding towns for a while. He is currently serving the Korean Army as a doctor and is stationed in Inje on Thursdays to Saturdays and the rest of the time he is in Seoul. After high school all Korean males have to serve in the army for at least two years, so he went to medical school and is now serving his time in Inje. I don't know how true this bio is, I kind of just made it up from what I've heard. Sorry.

Kevin and Ra Ra doing a "love shot" or whatever
Kevin's birthday ended at a norebang (karaoke place) I think it's safe to assume it was a success. I also drank with a mom of two of my students, she's one of Kevin's nurses and I heard she sometimes hangs out with the foreign teachers and Kevin. She was pretty drunk and it was kind of weird drinking with a parent, but I guess that happens a lot in Inje and is kind of normal. We also did a "love drink" as demonstrated above by Kevin and Ra Ra. (I don't actually know if it's called that, but I think the actual name is similar enough.)

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment