Friday, October 7, 2011

First Day of Teaching

My director decided to surprise me and have me teach alone without notifying me. I was following Fathima all day, then when we got back from our dinner break, she informed me I would be on my own.

I wasn't given a lesson plan, just a worksheet with no instruction. It was an "introduce yourself" worksheet that I went through way too quickly, so I just had them play games. In all honesty, it was just a little awkward but not as bad as I thought, it's just weird talking to a group of people and knowing that they have no idea what you're saying. After class was over I found out they were being tested on what I just taught them. Whoops, I hope they passed.

On a completely unrelated note, I watched the movie "Friends with Benefits" with Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis and I'm embarrassed to say I really enjoyed it. Solid rom-com. I laughed, developed a girl-crush on Mila Kunis, and I took my bananas out of the refrigerator (you would only understand this if you've seen the movie).

No comments:

Post a Comment