Monday, October 31, 2011

K-Pop

K-pop is irritating, catchy, repetitive, annoying and everywhere. It's played in convenience stores, restaurant, bars, the grocery store, everywhere.

K pop groups can have a couple of members, or around a dozen. They're usually "fashionable", they love using their hands when they sing, and the girls look like creepy dolls, especially the blonde ones. (I think that Asians should never have blonde hair. It's unnatural and it gives me the creeps.) The songs are in Korean, but every now and then they whip out a word in English (usually the title of the song) so you think you know what they're saying, but then you realize you don't. What tricksters.

Here's a treat from Super Junior, a boy band with 13 members. This is them performing their song called "Mr. Simple". It gets real at 1:42, the rapping starts.


I think I hear Girls' Generation literally everywhere, but I'm not 100% because everything sounds the same. Girls Generation is also known as SNSD, which I think is an acronym for their Korean name. This one is called "Oh!"


Luckily, I've heard Seoul has a great underground music scene, so I won't have to rip my ears off from the infinite amount of k-pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment