Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Sweet Little Town of Inje

Inje, the town I am living in is much smaller than I expected. It has roughly 10,000 people, 9 of them are foreign English teachers. I live about a 10-15 minute walk away from the town area. The "Town" area in Inje is made up of a couple of intersections with lots of small shops and restaurants.

 



View of Inje from the beginning of our hike




Last Monday, Andrew and I hiked up one of the mountains right next to Inje. There are a couple different paths you can take; either a paved path or a strenuous trail. We took the trail. It was rough.

Pointing us to the right direction
Even the pine needles were changing colors
Fall is in full force in the Inje mountains
The hike was beautiful. It was a little creepy though, because when we first started the hike, there was an army post, then when we continued on the paved road before the trail you could see the army base within the mountains and I guess if they see you taking pictures of it you'd be in biiiiiiiiiiiig trouble.

the Naerincheon River that runs right next to Inje

Beautiful little Inje. This isn't even from the top yet.
The highest point that we went to is where paragliders can jump off and soar through the mountains. You could see everything! We were even able to see Wontong, the city just down the highway from Inje. Along the hike to the top we passed a lot of fox holes for the army guys. I don't know if they are used, or when they would be used, but I can be certain that I would probably poop my pants if I saw a soldier in one.

Andrew jumping from the top. This is in the area where paragliders can jump off
Part of the hike down
This little blue seal thing is Inje's mascot (I think) and it's everywhere



So far I love Inje. It's really small and quiet, but safe, and you usually have to go to a bigger town to find simple things like fabric softener, face paint, sweatpants, or bedsheets but it's definitely a learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I like how face paint is a "simple thing." A necessity nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete